A Week In The Zone

I am writing this now to hopefully help hold myself accountable. With some medical issues my husband has been dealing with, and me very much wanting to shed the remaining baby weight I'm carrying around along my own stress, tensions, and aches and pains I decided giving the zone meal plan at least a week's commitment was worth it.

We're going to do our shopping this week and do some food prep over the weekend to make sure we can be successful with this. With my work schedule, I am going to have to commit to food prep in the evenings so I can just pack up my breakfast, lunch, snacks and go without being tempted to buy something during the work day because I'm not properly prepared.

I've been working on the meal plan print out and the shopping list. I am hopeful that we'll feel full on this plan - although I'm sure there will be an adjustment period as there is with anything like this! The meals are chock full of good fresh fruits, veggies, and lean protein and I'm really hoping it goes well and we stick with it. I'm going to make sure to make a note of my weight the night before we start and check again at the end of the week and maybe, just maybe there will be some benefit on the scale. If not, maybe at least I'll feel a little better - we'll see!

Since I'm still not eating dairy, I will be a little creative with some of the items - I'll use Silk non-dairy yogurt anywhere the plan calls for cottage cheese or yogurt, and use some Daiya non-dairy cheese anywhere cheese is called for and that should work out for the most part. Kenneth doesn't eat eggs, so we're going to have to do some substitutions for him for some of the breakfasts too.

Here is the menu for the first day (for one person) - hopefully we'll start on Saturday or Sunday and see how it goes!

Day 1

Breakfast:
Fruit Salad
¾ cup vanilla yogurt (or cottage cheese)
1 cup pineapple, diced (canned or fresh)
1/3 cup mandarin oranges
3 almonds, slivered

Lunch:
1 cup salad greens
¼ cup canned chickpeas (drained, rinsed)
½ cup fresh mushrooms
½ cup celery
1.5 oz turkey lunchmeat
1.5 oz ham lunchmeat
1 oz cheese
1 - 2 TBS salad dressing (oil and vinegar)

Dessert: apple

Dinner:
Chicken stir fry: 3 oz. chicken, 2 cups broccoli florets, 1.5 cups snow peas, ¾ onion (diced) – fresh ginger

Dessert: ½ cup grapes



Comments

Popular Posts