Loaded Baked Potato Salad





This is a very delicious potato salad recipe that we all really enjoyed for dinner. I love the use of sour cream in this recipe, it gives the dish a lot of creaminess without being heavy. You can adjust the amount of seasonings, cheese, and bacon to your personal preferences. The combination below worked well for our family and this went great with some grilled steaks and a fresh Caesar salad for a filling, and very tasty dinner!

I think this would be great warm as well, it would just need to be eaten pretty much immediately but would be much more "baked potato"-esque if warm. :)

Loaded Baked Potato Salad adapted from This Is My Key West

Ingredients
2 lbs potatoes (I used red skinned)
generous 3/4 cup sour cream
generous 1/4 cup mayonnaise
8 large, thick cut slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste (I used 1/4 tsp each)

Directions
  1. Wash and cut the potatoes into bite-sized pieces. Cover with water and boil until fork tender, about 20 minutes. Do not overcook.
  2. Drain, then run cool water over potatoes and drain again. Place in a bowl and put in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to chill, toss gently every 20 minutes or so to allow even cooling. If you are serving this salad hot then you don’t need to cool the potatoes, just skip step 2.
  3. Mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, pepper, most of the cheese, and most of the bacon (reserve some cheese and bacon for topping) in a serving bowl; mix until evenly combined. Add the potatoes and stir gently until potatoes are evenly covered.
  4. Top with the extra shredded cheese and bacon and serve.
Link Parties:
What I Am Eating
Show and Share Wednesday
What's Cooking Wednesday
Show Case Your Talent Thursday
BBQ Block Party
Weekend Potluck
A Peek Into My Paradise


Comments

  1. Rebekah, your Bacon Potato Salad looks delicious and I love the combination of sour cream and mayo. I am going to have to try this and maybe I can finally get my husband to eat potato salad (he doesn't really care for mayo) so this is perfect - I don't think he will notice the mayo with the sour cream being more prominent! Thanks for sharing on the BBQ Block Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Shawna! I hope you get a chance to try this out and hope you (and your hubby!) will enjoy it! My boys aren't big mayo fans either, so this was a nice compromise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about the warm salad! This looks and sounds so comforting to me. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Shelby - we will definitely have to try this warm next time, it would be a whole different side dish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found you via Pinterest. This has become a weekly meal in our house. thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts