Banana Oat Muffins

We decided to have banana muffins for breakfast this morning and I LOVE this recipe but wanted to try something new - I haven't had the chance to make many new things lately; we've been eating mostly "familiar" foods and I was looking forward to trying something new!

This is one I've had in my Recipe Folder on allrecipes.com for awhile so I figured we'd give it a try! The muffins came out pretty good - though I would definitely add about 1/4 cup brown sugar next time; it needed a little more sweetness. I used Stevia in place of sugar and used self-rising flour instead of AP flour, baking powder and baking soda. The texture was really nice - light and fluffy. The banana flavor wasn't very strong fresh from the oven, but I'm hoping it will develop some as the few we didn't eat at breakfast sit! Someone else commented that these freeze well, and would make a nice quick breakfast snack. 20 minutes was the perfect baking time in my oven - lightly browned on top and bottom.


Banana Oat Muffins By: Karen Resciniti

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup mashed bananas
Directions
  1. Combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt.
  2. In a large bowl, beat the egg lightly. Stir in the milk, oil, and vanilla. Add the mashed banana, and combine thoroughly. Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until just combined. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper bake cups, and divide the batter among them.
  3. Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 18 to 20 minutes.

Comments

  1. I look forward to giving this a try. I have a few bananas in my freezer then went too ripe for our liking and have been waiting for ways to use them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts