A few of my favorite things...

This is my favorite way to spend the evenings...



With the lights in the living room off, and just the twinkling tree lights giving the room a soft glow, seeing all the presents under the tree and listening to some quiet Christmas music... add in a comfy couch and a warm blanket and that is my very favorite way to spend the evenings after Kent heads to bed in December!! It is "me" time to be still, reflect, be thankful and to dream...

I keep wondering what the coming year will hold - this past year really packed a LOT in when I stop and look back. I put together a letter for family for the first time in ages and when I actually stopped and thought about it all, it sort of amazed me to think about how many "events" have happened in 2011! Kenneth got out of the Marine Corps, graduated college, had spinal fusion and started a new job which has had him away from home in training since July. Our transfer of these two little girls was just days before he headed out for training. I met Jenn and Chad in late February and have been working on this surrogacy most of this year between matching, testing, contracts, cycling and transfer and then the twin pregnancy. Kent is taking 3 AP classes (for the first time), participated in the SAT, has a new girlfriend, turned 13, and is shooting up like a weed before my eyes (oh and don't forget the fact that his voice has changed DRAMATICALLY within the past few weeks!!) We've also fostered 5 dogs/puppies for Rotts N Pups rescue but managed to maintain our "permanent" dog count at 5! :)

It's been a good year and I am thankful for the chance to reflect back and think about all the opportunities we've been blessed with and take a moment to say "Thank You". I think 2012 is going to be a good year too, but definitely with its challenges with Kenneth being overseas for most of it and Kent fully entering teenage-hood! Praying for guidance, wisdom and strength for the coming year! :)

Comments

Popular Posts