Baked Parmesan Chicken

I have been making a baked Parmesan chicken dish for years now, but decided to try one from allrecipes.com that was a little different (I have 10 bazillion recipes saved from them, I figured it would be nice to maybe try a new one out once a week or so!)

So I tried Simply Parmesan Chicken since that looked quick, easy, tasty and I figured it would most likely go over well with my boys - my husband tends to be pickier about chicken dishes since he by far prefers manly meat - as in BEEF!

I started with plain bread crumbs, grated parm, Italian seasoning, garlic powder (which wasn't in the original recipe, but we pretty much add garlic to EVERYTHING!), chicken and an egg.


The bread crumbs, parm, Italian seasoning and garlic powder were mixed together in a glass pie plate and set aside.

I created an assembly line with the chicken, egg wash and bread crumb mixture.


 I dipped the egg on both sides in the egg wash and then pressed the crumb coating into it.

When I came to the end of my three pieces of chicken I realized I had a fair amount of egg and breading mixture left (since the original recipe was intended for a bit of a larger batch than I made) so I double dipped the two smaller pieces of chicken to see how that would come out!


 I was able to get most of the bread crumbs onto the actual chicken pieces!

You can see the difference in the double dipped piece (front left) versus the single dipped piece (front right) prior to being baked.

They went into the pre-heated oven and emerged about 35 minutes later cooked beautifully with a crunchy golden crust!

I think this recipe came out very nicely, was SUPER easy to throw together and would be very easy to customize. Hubby prefers my original "Martha Chicken" recipe (which was passed down from his mother) but it's really not that much different.

Recipe slightly adapted from allrecipes.com here.

Ingredients

1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 egg, beaten
3-5 skinless, boneless chicken breasts

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a medium bowl mix together the bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese. Dip chicken breasts in egg, then in bread crumb mixture to coat. Place coated chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish. (Double dip if you use 3 or less pieces, if desired, or until breading mix is used up).

Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until juices run clear.

Comments

  1. I freakin' love your blog. I love trying new recipes and...well...I love food. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha Dalia!! :D I love food too - obviously! :D I love to cook and try new things out, but have to try to keep it fairly boring to please the "meat and potatoes" type palates of my boys... sigh... they put such a cramp on my style! :D Most of the time we find a happy medium! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts