Kenpo with the Kiddo! :)

Last night was fun! Kenneth is gone the next couple days to Drill (though he did manage to come home around 10:00pm last night, sleep and left again at 6:00am this morning so I got to see him for a little bit!) so Kent and I get lots of one on one time! Last night I convinced him to do the Kenpo-X workout with me and he enjoyed it!! It was SO funny watching him trying to figure out the kicking and punching combinations - his form was really bad, but it was super cute to watch! :D He really enjoyed it too, he said it was fun and he wants to try the other workouts too! Yay! :) Tonight is X-Stretch; I haven't done this video in a LONG time so I don't really remember how it goes off the top of my head, but I don't think its super intense, so he should enjoy this one too, hopefully.

I made a doctor appointment for this afternoon finally. I've been putting it off, hoping this crud in my throat would go away, but it looks like it needs some assistance. I've had what feels like post nasal drip for about a week or so now. My throat feels pretty raw most of the time from all the aggravating mucous and I have a horrible taste/smell in the back of my throat that grosses me out all day long. I can still taste food ok, but I constantly feel like I'm smelling something nasty and disgusting from the back of my throat... blech. I hope its not an infection, we'll see what the NP says when she sees me.

In about 2 more weeks I'll be 3 months post-partum! I can't believe it! Time is flying by, for sure. I'm enjoying being focused on healthy eating and exercising again, as it definitely helps me feel better about myself and I enjoy seeing the small changes in my body. I am ready to see BIG changes, but I know small is a start! :) I've been working to incorporate more vegetarian meals for myself again. I've come to the realization that if this is something that's important to me, I'm going to have to find a way to do it for JUST me and not try to convince Kenneth and Kent to go along with me some of the time. That way I don't have to feel like I'm compromising what I'm eating, and they don't either. So, with that realization and acceptance I've been packing lunches and breakfasts that are meat free (I'm still eating dairy and eggs) and most nights I cook the meat separately and serve myself before adding meat to the dish or just add it directly on Kent and Kenneth's plates. They don't mind that at all, and so I think we all win! Tonight Kent will have some chicken chili leftovers with brown rice and I'll make myself a baked potato and have some broccoli or salad on the side to go with it! Sounds good to me!

I've been trying to keep an eye on my protein intake especially with these workouts, I know overall Americans get PLENTY of protein in their diets, but on the days I cut meat out it does seem to be a little more challenging. I just try to make sure I have a protein drink after workout to help - 12 oz. of Diet V8 splash with 1/2 a scoop of GNC Whey Protein is 10 grams of protein and only 75 calories! I aim for about 60 grams of protein a day. As long as I feel ok during my workouts and feel like my energy levels are maintaining ok, I'll stick with it!

I'm getting ready to enjoy my lunch of a veggie wrap with spinach, tomato and cucumber on a low-carb whole wheat tortilla with a little ranch dressing and some baby carrots and as a treat some tomato basil potato chips we recently discovered - yumm! I have some wheat thins with hummus and a fat free pudding cup for a snack for later this afternoon if I get hungry. Yesterday I ended up taking several of the items I'd packed home with me and having some before dinner and my orange I'd packed for a snack as a dessert.

I've been reading a couple of the Abs Diet books for inspiration and meal planning ideas as well - lots of great yogurt/oatmeal/smoothie recipes and suggestions in them! I've found it just helps keep me on track if I make a point to look up health-related articles, or healthy recipes, or read a book about nutrition, etc. It helps make it a habit instead of just something I'm doing at the moment! :)

Comments

Popular Posts