Your pregnancy: 37 weeks

How your baby's growing:

Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)

Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.
Well we already know Miss S will be sporting a full head of hair - the u/s tech commented on all her hair at our last sneak peek!

We are now truly FULL TERM and ready to enter count down mode!! Yippee!! I can't wait to hear how things look at the appointment this afternoon and I know my IPs are VERY ready to bring their little girl home! I have so many plans for next month and then of COURSE December is going to be crazy, so I am looking forward to knowing WHEN Miss S will arrive so everything else can be figured out...

The next few weekends are already booked up, regardless of baby's arrival, so I'm praying her arrival might be early in the week or something - one can hope and have goals, right?! :D

We have a Halloween party and trick or treating this weekend, Basset Bash next Saturday, Marine Corps Ball the following Saturday and then Kent's 12th birthday party at our house on November 20th, followed by Thanksgiving weekend and then I might be heading out to WA to see my family the next weekend - or I might wait 'til mid-December. I have to talk about that with Kenneth tonight so we can go ahead and firm my travel plans up and I can get my ticket. It's going to be a BUSY couple months - to say the least!! :)

I am feeling good today - pretty tired as per my usual but I woke up in a good mood and excited for our appointment this afternoon! I had some "extra" mucous last night, but still no definitive sign of a mucous plug - I've had a couple painful contractions this AM but I guess that's about it so far!

Hopefully today will pass quickly and quietly - I have to bake a bunch of cupcakes this evening for our Halloween Potluck at work tomorrow and get my outfit ready; I'm debating between my Little Red Riding Hood costume and being Farmer Beka with maternity overalls... we'll see if the Red Riding Hood costume fits and if it looks ok I guess!

I need to get a pumpkin too - we haven't carved one yet and Kent was asking about it last night - in truth I FORGOT! This month has TOTALLY slipped away from me!

Comments

Popular Posts