Your pregnancy: 35 weeks

How your baby's growing:


Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.
I started the day with a belly picture!! Here I am at 35 weeks!

My IM and met up this morning at 11:30 for our meeting with the Hospital staff where we had a chance to ask questions and answer questions and then we got a tour of L&D and the post-partum rooms which was great! They have beautiful jet tubs that I can labor in that I'm really, REALLY hoping to take advantage of this time! I need to pack accordingly and hope between Kenneth and my IM they'll help me get to the tub if the intensity takes my breath away like it did last time! It was a great meeting and I know I feel really confident that the hospital is very supportive and willing to do what it takes to make this a good experience for everyone which was wonderful!

After our Hospital meeting we went to lunch at O'Charleys and I enjoyed a DELICIOUS California Chicken salad that was loaded with yummy grilled chicken, candied pecans, perfectly fresh strawberries and mandarin oranges with a great balsamic vinegar. I haven't ordered anything quite like it before and I really enjoyed it - even if I only ate about 1/4 of it; geez they pack those bowls FULL!!

After lunch we split up and both ran some errands; I'd been wanting a pair of leggings to go with my maternity dresses so I can wear them for the next few weeks now that its cooling off, and of course I found a couple other things I "needed" too! I know I shouldn't really be spending money on maternity clothes at this point, but they had the secret belly panels that are SO comfortable and the jeans and capris I found looked great on and were so comfy!! I know I'll be prego at least once more so I figured I will definitely get use out of them, whether its now or a little later. :)

We met back up at 3:00 at the OB's office for our ultrasound where we got to see Miss S being incredibly adorable with her hand over her face saying "NO PICTURES PLEASE"! :D She is measuring right on track and her heartbeat sounded perfect in the low 160's.

After the ultrasound we waited for awhile for our 3:40 appointment with the midwife and finally got taken back at about 4:20! They were a little frazzled it seemed, and it took awhile to get back to the actual room! But eventually we did, after hearing all my vitals were good. The midwife measured my belly and said it was right on track and we talked for a couple minutes and were told next week's appointment will start with the internal checks and I'll have the standard cultures done to check for Strep B and 2 STDs. I can't believe its time for that!!! WOO HOOO!!

I think the rest of this month is really going to fly by, and we'll be full term in no time and then counting down to this sweet pumpkin's arrival!! :)

Comments

Popular Posts