Your pregnancy: 34 weeks

How your baby's growing:


Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.
Woo hoo! 34 weeks today! :) Time is zipping right along! I can't wait for our appointment next Thursday and getting to peek in on Miss S again - I am super curious to hear how big she is and what my cervix looks like.

I think we'll get through the month of October with nothing too exciting happening, and then I am going to be ready for baby day!! :D

Things have been busy at work making the days pass quickly, and it always seems like the evenings and weekends just fly by - I can't remember my weekends half the time! I need some time to just "be" so things can slow down a little! I think it only just gets more hectic from here, I'm slowly realizing that... as Kent gets older, he is sort of in and out of the house so I don't see him as much when I am home, and he spends a lot of his evenings working on assignments and homework (they're working on "brochures" for countries that have been assigned to them right now - we did a bunch of fact finding on Italy last night!) and when he's done with that, he wants to be outside with friends or he's reading in his room... sigh... he's growing up and I feel like I miss him already!!

Kenneth's school load keeps him very, very busy - I helped him for hours last night doing data entry on his math problems that he wrote out by hand. That stuff hurts my head - I will be SO happy for him when this semester is over and he only has 1 left! I think this is the last of the heavy duty math courses too. (Fingers crossed)!

All is going well with the pregnancy - I've had quite a bit of head congestion, all in my ears that is annoying, but not really associated with anything else; I'm not sick or anything, just have a "stuffy" head! A few leg cramps this week that woke me up more than I would have liked, and there were a few days where it felt like Miss "S" was lodged in my lungs, but she seems to have dropped back down as of the last couple days. She's been so active! With how big she's getting, I feel all her little wiggles, her hiccups, her pushes and kicks. She's constantly entertaining me! :)

Comments

Popular Posts