Your pregnancy: 24 weeks

Woo-hoo!! 24 weeks today!! Happy dancing! :)

I'm excited to reach this milestone, and am just STUNNED to think we're within 3 months of being full term and counting down to Miss S's arrival!! WOW!!!

How your baby's growing:


Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.
I was having BIG time cravings yesterday for fast food of some sort, all morning I craved Chick Fil A, all the way home I craved french fries and diet coke and a Frosty!! But, I decided to behave myself and not totally blow my calorie count for the day. So I waited 'til I got home, and we decided to order pizza, so I looked up the calories ahead of time and ordered a Thin Crust Tomato, Chicken, Spinach Alfredo pizza from Papa Johns. I enjoyed 2 delicious slices and when I got hungry a little later I made myself a spinach salad with lots of fresh veggies and some of my favorite light Catalina dressing and stayed within my calorie goal range for the day so I was happy!

I've been really hungry all day today so far, so I think its just one of those "growing" periods or something - it seems to happen about once a month or so where I'm just extra hungry and get a lot of cravings for a couple days. I am planning on having a yummy veggie omelet for tonight, but I realize I may be the only one who will eat the pizza I chose, so I may end up having leftovers depending on what the guys want to do tonight.

I'm glad tomorrow is Friday and Kent and I get a weekend to chill and hang out some and have some fun too! We're going to the pool and running to the mall for some retail therapy tomorrow and I think I'm going to save the Tellus Science Museum for the next weekend so we can have Sunday off. Although I'm taking Monday off for dentist appointments and back to school shopping, so if we're up to it we might squeeze that in on Sunday too but I don't want to over-do it and be burnt out the rest of the week.

I have to pick up a few groceries this evening on the way home, more fruits and veggies!! We go through them so quickly now! It's great. :) I signed up for the local Farmer Market baskets again and will get my first one next Tuesday, so I'll start coordinating around those and most likely make that a weekly thing and just supplement as needed with grocery shopping maybe Wednesday or Thursday each week. Hopefully it will help me get into a better shopping routine - some weeks I've had to stop twice in a week to pick up little things, usually just a couple items, but hopefully as time goes on I'll get a better handle on meal planning and shopping/preparing for it. You just can't buy TOO far in advance when so much of it is produce!

I've had some bad leg cramps the previous 2 days and the heartburn continues to come and go and I'm staying on the zantac and pop a couple tums when the ache gets too bad. Those are my only "complaints" though - no real noticeable swelling in my ankles/feet the last couple days which is nice!

I think a good soak in the tub is in order for tomorrow night perhaps, seems like a good way to wrap up the week! :)

Comments

  1. I always enjoy seeing what you eat. LOL I think it's great how you balance treats here and there with an overall healthy eating plan. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts