The Dinner A'Fare

As you may have read already, I am very excited about the Dinner A'Fare, and have been enjoying fast and easy dinner prep ever since my first visit a couple weeks ago! They have a blog too, which I will be reading for meal tips http://www.excellentfranchise.com/blog/.

So far we've tried the Pasta Florentine, Greek Chicken Pitas and Barbeque Pulled Pork Sandwiches.

I still have the following left to try from March!:
Ricotta Stuffed Chicken with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
South of the Border Pork Tenderloin
Italian Sirloin Croquettes with Garlic Tomato Sauce
Massaman Curry Shrimp
Mongolian Beef Noodle Bowls
Chicken Gumbo
Cuban Style Piñón
Crispy Ranch Chicken
Argentinean Grilled Flank Steak with Black Bean Vinaigrette

It kind of surprises me we haven't used more than 3 so far, but I guess I am trying to stretch them a little, and not use them up too quickly. After tomorrow's session my freezer is going to be full! :D

I'm getting:
Maple Glazed Pork Roast with Golden Raisin Compote
Rustic Chicken and Potato Gratine
Steak Diane
Jerk Pork Tenderloin with Pineapple Chutney
Sun-Dried Tomato Torta di Pasta
Italian Braciole Stuffed Flank Steak
Chicken with Mushroom Alfredo
Steak Fajitas
Hawaiian Chicken
Sofrito Pork with Saffron Rice
Mushroom and Swiss Turkey Burgers
Crispy Asian Chicken Rolls

I think these first couple months will be good to try as many different recipes as sound good, and discover which ones we as a family all enjoy, and then make more of the ones we really like each time once I start seeing repeats on the menu.

So far, the pasta florentine didn't go over great because there was a high spinach content!! I should have remembered to leave most of that out, because the pasta itself was YUMMY! The pork BBQ sandwiches were a SNAP to prepare (and I had leftovers for the side dishes, so dinner took all of 15 minutes from start to finish) and were very tasty, but the meat needed some honey (we like sweet BBQ). The greek pitas were awesome, I thought, and man they smelled great cooking. Kenneth isn't a big olive fan, so I shouldn't have put quite so many kalamatas in, or I should have set them all aside for ME! :D

So... that is my post for today - all about FOOD! Tonight I'm fixing the South of the Border Pork Tenderloin (Kent picked it out!) and trying to figure out what to make with it. I'm thinking Spanish Rice and maybe some fresh corn on the cob, corn just sounds yummy... oh and maybe I should pick up a watermelon too... mmm!! Gotta love when the good fresh stuff starts coming out at the store! :) We had some of the BEST strawberries last week, I was making strawberry shortcake and I was surprised how many of the strawberries were good all by themselves, I probably ate about 4 giant ones between all the pieces I popped in my mouth while I was cutting them.

Comments

Popular Posts